RUOTE BORRANI S.p.A.
Ruote Borrani S.p.A. was established in Milan, Italy in 1922 as a wire wheel manufacturer. Carlo Borrani, the company’s founder, licensed the design for the splined hub single-nut locking mechanism from Rudge-Whitworth in England and began supplying wheels for racing and sports cars. Most notable was Ferrari. Between 1946 and 1966 all Ferrari cars ran on Borrani wheels. Borranis were also original equipment for Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Facel Vega, Lamborghini and Maserati.
Between 1950 and 1961 Borranis were standard on Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Maserati racers. They contributed to winning eight World Driving Championships for drivers such as Ascari, Farina, Fangio, Hawthorne and Hill. Borrani rims contributed to Ferrari and Maserati victories in Sports and Prototype racing at LeMans, the Nürburgring, Sebring and Monza. Ford Motor Company purchased Borranis for the first version of the mighty GT40 LeMans race cars.
Today the traditional production practices continue and the manufacturing process has evolved to meet the requirements of the modern world. Borrani wire wheels remain a tribute to time tested design and the quality of Italian craftsmanship.
To learn more about Ruote Borrani S.p.A. go to – www.ruoteborrani.com
To learn more about Borrani USA go to - www.borraniamericas.com
Shop our Borrani Jewelry